What Hi-Fi Names NAD M51 Best DAC for 2012
October 22, 2012
The NAD M51 Direct Digital DAC not only garners a superb five-star rating from What Hi-Fi? Sound and Vision in its latest edition, but also wins a highly coveted What Hi-Fi? Sound and Vision Award in the bargain. With its open, transparent sound and immense levels of detail, it is no wonder What Hi-Fi? editors were climbing over one another to hear the M51 Direct Digital DAC. Read what the sound experts at What Hi-Fi? had to say about one of the best NAD separates they'd ever heard.
"And hearing the DAC in action, it's hard to argue otherwise. Music sounds wonderfully clear and transparent."
"This NAD can display details and sonic textures that cheaper DACs struggle to convey. This is as relevant when listening to 16-bit/44.1kHz CD playback as it is when indulging in a 24-bit/192kHz high-res file."
"The M51 sounds sensational. In fact, we'd go further than that by saying it's one of the best NAD separates we've heard in recent memory."
To read the full review from What Hi-Fi? Sound and Vision, click here.
Related News and Reviews
- 2014-03-25 NAD in Stereophile Recommended Components
- 2014-02-21 Excellent Croatian Review of M51 Direct Digital DAC
- 2013-12-04 NAD M51 Wins Coveted DAC of the Year Award
- 2013-06-11 NAD M51 in What Hi-Fi Ultimate Guide to DACs
- 2012-12-06 Hi-Fi World Name M51 Best DAC for 2012
- 2012-10-17 M51 Delivers in Secrets of Home Theater Review
- 2012-10-03 Five-out-of-Five for M51 in Hi-Fi World
- 2012-09-10 NAD Wins Three Awards at CEDIA 2012
- 2012-07-19 Stereophile Hear Bitstream Brilliance from M51 DAC
- 2012-05-22 Hi-Fi News and Record Reviews Highly Recommend NAD M51 Direct Digital DAC
- 2012-04-05 Initial Impressions of NAD M51 Digital Direct DAC
- 2012-03-21 HiFidelity Review M51 Direct Digital DAC
Be the first to comment below!