NAD VISO 1 Five Day Trial Equals Five-Star Review
December 16, 2011
The world's leading magazine covering everything in home cinema and hi-fi, What Hi-Fi? Sound and Vision, hand the NAD VISO 1 Wireless Digital Music System a maximum score of five-stars, and a point-and-case verdict as "a bold and brilliant newcomer to the dock class" in a lead test three-page feature-review. After five, unbelievable days with the NAD VISO 1, the honourable test scores below can be found in the latest edition of What H-Fi? Sound and Vision available on newsstand this week across the UK and Érie.
DAY 1: In hi-fi, weight is normally regarded as an indication of quality: it's a brave company that chooses to do different. But NAD is light - so light that we almost dropped it when we first took it from its box. Note, we said "almost"...
DAY 2: It might be light, but the NAD's sound is amazingly heavy. From the off, and despite only a moderate amount of running-in, it's clear that the VISO 1's limits are far higher than you'd think. It goes seriously loud.
DAY 3: Playing with the various features a little more throws up some unexpected treats. The aptX Bluetooth works really well, but even 'regular' Bluetooth listening is OK.
DAY 4: Seems odd feeding 24-bit/96kHz into an iPod dock, but it works pretty well. It isn't as remarkable a sonic leap forward as you might expect, because regular file formats sound.
DAY 5: Head-to-head time: the VISO 1 goes up against the Geneva Model M. Interesting results: the VISO 1 goes louder and has bigger bass, but the Geneva sounds crisper. Which approach you prefer is probably a matter of taste.
Smooth, cohesive and hugely powerful sound; extensive specification; fine looks
Very little, save that it doesn't include AirPlay support, unlike some rivals
A bold and brilliant newcomer to the dock class, the VISO 1 is an all-round success
For a small online version of the review on What Hi-Fi?, click here.
Related News and Reviews
- 2013-01-16 Top Review of NAD VISO 1 in Sound Vision Install
- 2013-01-02 NAD VISO 1 Wins SoundStage Product of the Year
- 2012-10-25 NAD VISO 1 is Sound and Image Dock of the Year
- 2012-09-10 NAD Wins Three Awards at CEDIA 2012
- 2012-06-29 Home Theater Find Five-Star Performance in NAD VISO 1 Review
- 2012-06-04 NAD VISO 1 Grabs Serious Acclaim in Soundstage Review
- 2012-06-04 French NAD VISO 1 Review in YourPhone
- 2012-05-14 NAD VISO 1 Rocks HiFi Vision in Four-out-of-Five Star Review
- 2012-05-07 CE Pro Give NAD VISO 1 Rave Review
- 2012-05-05 Hi-Fi World Champion Nominations
- 2012-04-27 The Most Well-Rounded iPhone Dock Ever Heard
- 2012-04-13 Indonesian-Audio Video Magazine Review NAD VISO 1
- 2012-04-12 ITRaid Review NAD VISO 1 in German Video
- 2012-03-29 NAD VISO 1 - The Serious Docking Solution
- 2012-03-29 NAD VISO 1 Earns NDTV Best Audio Product Award
- 2012-03-16 NAD VISO 1 Fills BBC Music with Five-Star Bass
- 2012-03-12 What Hi-Fi Add Another Five-Stars to NAD VISO 1
- 2012-03-05 Five-Stars for NAD VISO 1 in Stuff
- 2012-02-29 Hi-Fi World Review Pocket-Playing NAD VISO 1
- 2012-02-29 Hi-Fi Choice Get Wild with NAD VISO 1
- 2012-02-24 NAD VISO 1 Brings Five-Star Boom to Your Room
- 2012-02-22 New Zealand Five-Star Review of NAD VISO 1
- 2012-02-07 Polish Review Unleashes Vicious VISO 1
- 2012-02-02 MacTalk Goes Down Under with NAD VISO 1
- 2012-01-31 Robb Report Features Luxurious NAD VISO 1
- 2012-01-26 VISO 1 Joins Elite Group of Must-Have Products
- 2012-01-16 NAD VISO 1-Not Your Average iPod Dock
- 2011-12-29 NAD VISO 1 Collects Prestigious Good Design Award
- 2011-12-08 Big-sounding, Eye-catching NAD VISO 1 Review
- 2011-11-30 CES Award for Worthy Smart Music System
- 2011-11-30 Best iPod Speaker We Have Heard-NAD VISO 1
- 2011-11-30 NAD VISO 1-Gear of the Year Award