NAD C 162 Stereo Preamplifier
Archived Product Selection
Finishes Available finishes may be limited by location.
Even in the digital world, the purist still exists. The arrival of the C 162 marks the pinnacle of ultimate in performance combined with simplicity and ease-of-use. Now sound that is pure and true to original recordings can be enjoyed with the convenience of a remote control. With 6 line level inputs and 2 line level outputs, (including variable) 12-volt triggers and a remote control, the C 162 offers the flexibility of a contemporary preamp with the ease of use previously found on those "simple" components of yesterday. Spec sheets alone can only prepare you for the experience of an NAD preamp, but it is an emotion best felt with a personal audition.
C 162 Stereo Preamplifier Features
- 6 Line Level Inputs including 2 Tape In/Outputs with dubbing facility
- Switchable MM and MC Phono Input
- 2 Line Level Preamp Outputs; one is variable from 0dB to -12dB
- Gold Plated RCA Connectors
- Pure "Class A" Discrete Amplifier Modules
- Independent Headphone Amplifier
- Bass and Treble Control with Tone Defeat Switch
- "Blue Velvet" Alps motorized volume control
- Input switching through hermetically sealed relays
- NAD Link
- 12V Trigger Output
- NAD SR-5 Full System Remote Control
- 2010-09-27 bad product! – Bad product! Out of order after 2 months! I ...
- 2008-11-18 Ecstatically Happy – I owned a PS Audio preamp bought many ...
- 2007-08-28 – Well Gentlemen: More than 15 years enjoying NAD ...
- 2007-06-21 We just love our NAD system – I've got two of the C272's. ...
- 2007-05-11 Hi Fi preamp @ peanuts price – I use expensive, large ...
- 2007-04-03 Wonderful – At long last I upgraded from my Nikko Beta ...
Please fill out the form completely; all fields are required.
Hi-Fi / Stereo Products
- Hi-Fi Amplifiers
- Hi-Fi Receivers
- Digital Music
- DAC / Music Streamers
- CD Players
- Hi-Fi Accessories
- Hi-Fi MDC Modules
Complete Your System
This product works great with...
John DG - Belgium
I got boared with the sound of my old amp. I really shouldn't have bought my former amp. In my search for a new heart of my equipment, I bumped into the NAD C 356. Using B&W 683 speakers the ...