NAD D 3020 Hybrid Digital Amplifier
21st Century 3020 with aptX Bluetooth
Finishes Available finishes may be limited by location.
REINVENTING AN ICON, the D 3020
The original NAD 3020 introduced a generation of Music Lovers to true high fidelity sound. The term High Fidelity literally means “true to the original”. In the ‘70’s over a million people rediscovered their music when they placed a NAD 3020 between their turntable and their loudspeakers. This little gem could embarrass amplifiers costing 10 times more with its big, warm and detailed sound. Once people realized what they had been missing it lead them to a lifetime of enhanced musical enjoyment.
REAL WORLD PERFORMANCE
NAD rewrote the rules for amplifiers by designing the 3020 for the real world; instead of allowing laboratory test equipment to have the last word, we made sure that we could properly drive real loudspeakers with real music. The result of this real world approach was an amplifier that had less cost and more sound.
Today the source is more likely to be a computer or a smart phone than a turntable, but the ability to choose speakers that perfectly suit your taste is still a compelling argument for upgrading to a NAD amplifier. The D 3020 stars with the original NAD concept and takes it straight to the 21st century using the latest high speed digital technology.
CONNECT ALL YOUR DIGITAL DEVICES
There are inputs for your computer and for other digital and analog sources. The USB input uses ‘asynchrounous’ mode to insure the lowest possible jitter (timing errors) from notoriously unstable computer audio outputs and supports 24/96 HD studio master music files. Coaxial and optical inputs allow many different digital sources to be connected, from CD and DVD disc players, to set top boxes like AppleTV or satellite and cable receivers. There are also analog inputs for iPods and older non-digital audio components like FM tuners.
The D 3020, with its wireless Bluetooth capability, can stream music from smartphones, tablets and laptops and even supports the highest audio quality Bluetooth aptX that is becoming more and more popular for its excellent sound quality and low power consumption compared to Wi-Fi.
POWER THAT REALLY DELIVERS
Power output may sound small at 30 watts per channel, but like all NAD amplifiers this can be very misleading as a properly designed 30W amplifier can often sound superior to a 100W amplifier from a lesser brand. More important, the D 3020 can drive real loudspeakers to satisfying levels without adding noise or distortion. It’s highly efficient design wastes less energy resulting in cool running and longer life. Standby power consumption is <0.5W.
Supplied with an IR Remote Control for convenience, the D 3020 is at home on a desk top, a book shelf or cabinet. But it deserves to sit on a pedestal for its incredible performance and affordable price!
D 3020 Hybrid Digital™ Amplifier
- 2 x 30W @ ≤0.005% THD, >100W Dynamic Power @ 4 Ohms
- aptX Bluetooth Music Streaming
- Supports bit rate/sample rate up to - 24/192 (via Digital Audio input) up to 24/96 (via Computer/Type B USB input)
- Optical and Coaxial Digital Inputs, analog inputs
- Subwoofer Output
- Bass EQ setting
- Separate Headphone Amplifier
- Wireless Remote
- D3020 Hybrid Digital Amplifier - Chinese manual
- D3020 Hybrid Digital Amplifier - English manual
- D3020 Hybrid Digital Amplifier - French manual
- D3020 Hybrid Digital Amplifier - German manual
- D3020 Hybrid Digital Amplifier - Quick Setup Guide
- D3020 Hybrid Digital Amplifier - Russian manual
- D3020 Hybrid Digital Amplifier - Swedish manual
- 2014-12-16 D 3020 Wins 2014 TAS Affordable Amp of the Year
- 2014-12-09 D 3020 Named 2014 Best Desktop Amplifier
- 2014-11-28 D 3020 Named 2014 Budget Product of the Year
- 2014-11-27 D 3020 Wins What Hi-Fi Digital Amplifier Shootout
- 2014-11-10 AV Excellence Awards for NAD Digital Amplifiers
- 2014-10-30 D 3020 Product of the Month in Gramophone
- 2014-10-07 D 3020 Digital Amp Review from Australian HiFi
- 2014-08-25 D 3020 is Perfect Music System in What Hi-Fi
- 2014-08-06 D 3020 is Outstanding Product says Hi-Fi News
- 2014-07-31 D 3020 Amp Wins AV Forums Recommended Award
- 2014-06-26 D 3020 Amplifer Gets CE Pro Editor's Pick
- 2014-06-11 D 3020 Recommended in Hi-Fi Choice Review
- 2014-05-02 Outstanding D 3020 Amp Review in Hi-Fi World
- 2014-04-14 Five-star D 3020 Amplifier Review in What Hi-Fi
- 2014-03-25 NAD in Stereophile Recommended Components
- 2014-01-21 Bluetooth Music Streaming with the NAD D 3020
- 2014-01-16 Absolute Sound Hear the D 3020 and Love It
- 2013-11-20 More D 3020 Amp Coverage in Stereophile
- 2013-10-28 D 3020 Amp Uncovered in Stereophile Review
- 2013-10-17 What Hi-Fi - D 3020 Best Amplifier Award
- 2013-10-08 D 3020 Grabs Top Pick of the Year Award
- 2013-09-10 First NAD D 3020 Review from HiFidelity
- 2014-09-14 Perfection when all you need is two channel stereo – This ...
- 2014-09-01 Great Amp – I wanted an amp for my studio apartment to ...
- 2014-08-28 Truly Hi-FI – My searches are over. Hooked this spinner to ...
- 2014-08-01 Add a subwoofer and...it´s perfect!! – I bought my ...
- 2014-07-28 Super convenient sweet sounding little gem – My third NAD ...
- 2014-05-05 Perfect – I really love this small device it does deliver. ...
- 2014-03-25 Thank you so much. – I bought the D 3020 as soon as it ...
- 2014-03-15 simple, lovely sound, future audio – Simple, small and ...
- 2013-12-29 Are you kidding me? – I have been looking high and low for ...
- 2013-11-24 Nice little amp! – Have spent the better part of the past ...
- 2013-11-02 Gorgeous chunk of audiophile tech – I've had mine for a ...
- 2013-10-18 Sweeeeet !!! – I have tried several USB DAC/Amps and ...
- 2013-09-07 Sounds lovely, USB works flawlessly under Linux – This is ...
Please fill out the form completely; all fields are required.
Hi-Fi / Stereo Products
- Hi-Fi Amplifiers
- Hi-Fi Receivers
- Digital Music
- DAC / Music Streamers
- CD Players
- Hi-Fi Accessories
- Hi-Fi MDC Modules
Complete Your System
This product works great with...
Pete - London
I've had mine for a little less than a week now. I switched from saving up for a Peachtree Nova 125 to this because of a single chunk of the Stereophile review: "[...] but toward the end of the ...