NAD D 1050 USB DAC
Computer Audio for HD digital
Finishes Available finishes may be limited by location.
MAGIC FROM A DAC, THE D 1050
The NAD D 1050 USB DAC is the best way to add Computer Audio and HD Digital to your component hi-fi system. Both the digital and the analog circuits are highly optimized and based on techniques developed over 40 years of NAD audio engineering excellence. The digital inputs cater to many different digital sources. SPDIF inputs support balanced AES/EBU, coaxial and optical connectors. The USB input is very special; its asynchronous operation mode uses the D 1050’s high precision clock to control the output of the connected USB device for lowest possible jitter. It also supports USB Audio Codec 2.0 allowing 192kHz signal transmission.
The digital processing of the D 1050 features Delta/Sigma architecture with active oversampling filters. This technique effectively reduces out of band noise while maintaining linear phase response and virtual elimination of filter ringing in the pass band. This assures detailed and extended high frequency response while taking full advantage of the extended response of recordings sampled at 88.2kHz and above.
We pack a lot of premium high spec parts inside the D 1050. But premium parts need optimal implementation to get the actual performance they promise. This is where NAD expertise with both digital and analog circuits shows its true value. Ultra short impedance-controlled signal paths are made possible by multi-layer circuit boards and micro-miniaturized surface mount components soldered with lead-free high silver content solder. These details all contribute to the remarkable performance of this advanced DAC.
Analog outputs are fixed and include both balanced and single-ended connections. We also include a premium quality headphone amplifier output that includes a high quality volume control. Output impedance is extremely low, minimizing the effect of connecting cables and keeping noise vanishingly low.
D 1050 USB 24/192 DAC
- Asynchronous 24/192 USB input
- 2 x Optical, 2 x Coaxial SPDIF Inputs
- Balanced XLR and Single Ended Outputs
- Discrete High Performance Headphone Amplifier
- Remote Power Supply
- D 1050 USB DAC - Dutch version
- D 1050 USB DAC - English version
- D 1050 USB DAC - French version
- D 1050 USB DAC - German version
- D 1050 USB DAC - Quick Setup Guide
- D 1050 USB DAC - Russian version
- D 1050 USB DAC - Swedish version
- D 1050 USB DAC - Mac Firmware v3.1
- D 1050 USB DAC - Windows Firmware v3.1
- NAD USB Audio Driver for Windows 7 and above
- NAD USB Audio Driver for Windows XP and Vista
- 2014-09-07 D1050 - Good Bang for the Buck DAC – I ...
- 2014-04-18 Great Sounding DAC – I auditioned three DAC's in the $500 ...
- 2014-03-15 Best DAC in the € 500 range – I bought NAD D 1050 ...
- 2014-03-02 Outstanding sound streamer – Love the product, surpasses ...
- 2014-02-22 great sounding DAC, stunning design and remote controllable! ...
Please fill out the form completely; all fields are required.
Hi-Fi / Stereo Products
- Hi-Fi Amplifiers
- Hi-Fi Receivers
- Digital Music
- DAC / Music Streamers
- CD Players
- Hi-Fi Accessories
- Hi-Fi MDC Modules
Complete Your System
This product works great with...
Marco Planchestainer - Treviso (Italy)
I bought NAD D 1050 after a long session of comparisons between Arcam irDAC and my old Squeezebox Touch Dac. We were three people in the shop and we run some blind tests between the 3 dacs using ...