NAD M2 Direct Digital Amplifier
New Level of Amplifier Performance
Finishes Available finishes may be limited by location.
The NAD M2 Direct Digital Amplifier represents a new level of amplifier performance. Combining the ultra low distortion and noise levels of the finest linear Class A and Class AB amplifiers with the efficiency and streamlined signal path of the digital amplifier, the M2 is the first implementation of a new amplifier technology called Direct Digital™ Feedback. Co-developed with UK based Diodes Zetex Semiconductor, and using a unique implementation of their patented DDFA architecture, the M2 redefines what is possible with digital amplifier technology.
The M2 Direct Digital Amplifier represents the culmination of a decade long NAD research project, capped by three years of intense development. The result fully justifies the investment. We believe that the M2 sets new benchmarks for both measured performance and subjective musical quality.
- Direct Digital™ Amplifier
- 2 X 250W Continuous Power at 8 and 4 Ohms
- >500W IHF Dynamic Power
- <0.004% THD 20Hz – 20kHz from 500mW to 250W
- >120dB Dynamic Range
- 40uV Residual Noise
- >2000 Damping Factor at 50Hz +0/-0.5dB Frequency Response 20Hz – 20kHz, -3dB >85kHz
- Channel Separation >90dB @ 1kHz, 80dB @ 10kHz
- Digital PowerDrive
- Digital Soft Clipping (switchable)
- 5 Position Digital Impedance Compensation Filter
- A/D Conversion for Analogue Inputs
- Multi-bit Delta/Sigma 24/216kHz
- 0.0004% THD
- Sample rate 32kHz - 192kHz
- 124dB S/N Ratio
- High Resolution 120dB Digital Attenuator
- Inputs Digital SPDIF: AES/EBU, Coaxial X 2, Optical X 2
- Inputs Analogue: Balanced, Single Ended
- Processor Loop: SPDIF Optical (Mac PC compatible) out/in
- 2 Sets of Speaker Binding Posts to facilitate Bi-wiring
- Remote Control
- RS-232 serial data port
- IR Input
- 12V Trigger Input and Output
- <1W Standby Consumption
- 90% Amplifier Efficiency
M2 Direct Digital Amplifier Features
Ins and Outs
- M2 Direct Digital Amplifier - Dutch Manual
- M2 Direct Digital Amplifier - English Manual
- M2 Direct Digital Amplifier - French Manual
- M2 Direct Digital Amplifier - German Manual
- M2 Direct Digital Amplifier - Italian Manual
- M2 Direct Digital Amplifier - Russian Manual
- M2 Direct Digital Amplifier - Spanish Manual
- M2 Direct Digital Amplifier - Swedish Manual
- 2012-04-13 FWD Magazine Reviews M2 Direct Digital Amplifier
- 2011-11-03 French Review of M2 Direct Digital Amplifier
- 2011-06-24 The M2 - Future of Amplification
- 2011-05-31 TAS Editors Choice Awards 2011
- 2010-12-01 Stereophile 2010 Best Products
- 2010-05-03 Outstanding M2 review in Hi-fi News
- 2010-04-22 M2 review from Germany
- 2010-03-24 Dutch M2 review from HiFinl
- 2010-03-10 M2 Direct Digital Amplifier - Stereophile Review
- 2010-02-03 TAS Reviews the M2 Digital Amplifier
- 2010-01-19 M2 TAS Product of the Year Award
- 2010-01-04 M2 Amplifier captures EXC!TE Award
- 2010-01-03 M2 Amp receives prestigious honour
- 2009-06-10 Worlds Most Advanced Amp
- 2013-12-26 NAD rocks – Bought NAD amplifier in 1996 when I was ...
- 2013-02-27 Still Outstanding – In 2009 I bought one of the first M2's ...
- 2012-06-10 Stunning NAD M2 replaces $12k of electronics. – I have ...
- 2010-11-22 Is this for real??? – I have been a very happy owner of the ...
- 2010-10-30 One in the eye for audio badge snobs! – I'm not sure what ...
- 2010-09-22 Proud owner of a NAD M2 – I am a proud owner of a NAD M2, ...
Please fill out the form completely; all fields are required.
Hi-Fi / Stereo Products
- Hi-Fi Amplifiers
- Hi-Fi Receivers
- Digital Music
- DAC / Music Streamers
- CD Players
- Hi-Fi Accessories
- Hi-Fi MDC Modules
Complete Your System
This product works great with...
Steven Gascoyne - Hertfordshire UK
I'm not sure what to say really. I got my M2 on Thursday and I'm still slightly stunned if I'm honest. OK, visually it's typical NAD - i.e. very well made but understated to the point of being ...