NAD C 542 CD Player
Archived Product Selection
Finishes Available finishes may be limited by location.
The C 542 replaces NAD's venerable C541i. With the worldwide acclaim and numerous awards for outstanding performance and value, it is fair to ask why NAD would "mess with success". But NAD has never rested on its laurels; rather, development is ongoing at the NAD Lab and new models are launched when we feel a significant improvement has been achieved. Such is the case with the C 542. The cosmetics of the C 542 were refined to remain consistent with our emerging line of components as well as the addition of minor conveniences on the remote control. But making improvements to the performance of the C 542 would prove to be a major challenge as the first generation 541i was already so good. Several minor changes and upgrades were made in the overall circuitry and digital to analogue processing. It was the combined effect of these refinements that resulted in a dramatic difference at the output stage. Now a depth and clarity not previously achieved is evident during every passage of music. With perfect timbre and timing, matched with improved low frequency extension, the entire experience is more emotional and lucid.
C 542 Specifications
- CD, CD-R and CD-RW Compatible
- HDCD® Decoder with Automatic Detection
- Burr-Brown Sigma-Delta 24 bit Digital to Analogue Converter
- Nichicon "Muse" capacitors
- Coaxial Digital Output
- Optical Digital Output
- Low Output Impedance
- Separate Power Regulators for Analog and Digital Sections
- VFL Display with selectable Track, Time and Repeat
- Repeat Mode for Single Track or Entire CD
- Program Play up to 20 Tracks
- Random Play
- External IR Input
- 12V Trigger Input
- NAD CD-6 Full Function Remote Control
- 2014-03-03 Life to CDs – Whilst I do prefer vinyl records, I would ...
- 2008-12-10 NAD C542 – I bought a NAD C-542, a vast improvement on my ...
- 2008-12-10 Absolute Pleasure – The best cd player i have ever heard, ...
- 2008-04-08 HI-FI Gold – I have a C352 amp and I recently replaced my ...
- 2007-10-05 C352/C542 & C422 – I have two pairs of the above mentioned ...
- 2007-08-07 My new affordable CD player – My old REGA planet 2000 CD ...
- 2007-08-07 Can It Get Any Better? – Wow! I just replaced a Sony ...
- 2007-04-24 NAD BEE 'stings so sweet' – This review is for a pair of ...
- 2007-02-27 a most musical CD player – If you are looking for a musical ...
- 2007-02-04 Once bitten... – Once again... blown away. Running a T741 ...
- 2007-01-21 Love It! – We bought it yesterday. The first CD sounded ...
- 2006-12-12 A great CDP at the price – Our C542 has been well used for ...
Please fill out the form completely; all fields are required.
Hi-Fi / Stereo Products
- Hi-Fi Amplifiers
- Hi-Fi Receivers
- Digital Music
- DAC / Music Streamers
- CD Players
- Hi-Fi Accessories
- Hi-Fi MDC Modules
Complete Your System
This product works great with...
John DG - Belgium
I got boared with the sound of my old amp. I really shouldn't have bought my former amp. In my search for a new heart of my equipment, I bumped into the NAD C 356. Using B&W 683 speakers the ...