NAD M51 in What Hi-Fi Ultimate Guide to DACs
June 11, 2013
The UK's leading technology magazine, What Hi-Fi? Sound and Vision, releases their 'Ultimate Guide to DACs' and names WHF's five-star NAD M51 Direct Digital DAC one of the best. Thanks to its open, transparent sound and immense levels of detail, the sound experts at What Hi-Fi? made no hesitation to place this 35-bit 844kHz DAC and Digital Preamp at the top of its class. In fact, What Hi-Fi? went as far as saying it's one of the best NAD separates they'd ever heard in recent memory.
"And hearing the DAC in action, it's hard to argue otherwise. Music sounds wonderfully clear and transparent."
"This NAD can display details and sonic textures that cheaper DACs struggle to convey. This is as relevant when listening to 16-bit/44.1kHz CD playback as it is when indulging in a 24-bit/192kHz high-res file."
"The large, blue-on-black Vacuum Fluorescent Display (VFD) is easy to read and shows the input and sampling rate in use, as well as the volume level if you're using the M51 as a preamp."
To read the full review from the What Hi-Fi? Sound and Vision 'Ultimate Guide to DACs', click here.
Related News and Reviews
- 2012-12-06 Hi-Fi World Name M51 Best DAC for 2012
- 2012-10-22 What Hi-Fi Names NAD M51 Best DAC for 2012
- 2012-10-17 M51 Delivers in Secrets of Home Theater Review
- 2012-10-03 Five-out-of-Five for M51 in Hi-Fi World
- 2012-09-10 NAD Wins Three Awards at CEDIA 2012
- 2012-07-19 Stereophile Hear Bitstream Brilliance from M51 DAC
- 2012-05-22 Hi-Fi News and Record Reviews Highly Recommend NAD M51 Direct Digital DAC
- 2012-04-05 Initial Impressions of NAD M51 Digital Direct DAC
- 2012-03-21 HiFidelity Review M51 Direct Digital DAC
Be the first to comment below!